Saturday

Boxer Diet : Changing Food From Nutro Natural Choice Chicken, Rice & Oatmeal to Taste of the Wild Salmon & Sweet Potato

Greetings Fellow Boxer Lovers!

Today is the day we changed Astrid an Bodhi's Food over from Nutro Natural Choice to Taste of the Wild. 

Previously I'd purchase Nutro at Petco, it was about $52 for a 40# bag at Petco and about $42 for a 40# bag at PetSmart. 

Today I went to Benson's in Carson City, the food was about $37 for a 30# bag, comparable pricing, but now my Boxers are getting 100% Natural Food, made in the United States.  In California actually!

I really like the service at Benson's (you can only buy Taste of the Wild at Specialty food stores.  The guy picked up the bag, carried it to my car, put it in, shut the back of the FJ and opened my door for me to get in.  Now THAT's servicve!

HEY! You know what I JUST noticed?  Nutro is now called Chicken MEAL, rice & oatmeal.  I never remember it saying 'meal' in there before.  Perhaps this caused the onset of Bodhi's food alergy?

Things that make you go, hmmmmm

Anywho, I'm mixing the foods now for the adjustment.  However the guy at Benson's (note to self, get his name next time) said it will be an easy transistion since the protein/fat ratios are very similar. 

Astrid and Bodhi really like the new stuff!  I'll let you know how it goes!

I've not heard from the Dr. yet RE Bodhi's biopsy, I'll let you know there too.

Off to go snuggle with the fur family :)

Alethea Anderson
The Boxer Blogger

Have you Hugged your Boxer(s) today?

No comments:

Post a Comment