Sunday

Meet Cruiser, Bodhi's new House Mate

It has been over a year since my last post. After Astrid passed away, I shied away from blogging for a bit. We do have a new furry friend, Cruiser, who joined the family shortly after Astrid's passing. It has been quite an adventure bringing a new dog into the house. Today I will share some photos of the two over the past year, soon I'll start sharing the adventures of bringing up a brand new, small breed puppy with a 90 pound adult Boxer!


Firstly, Bodhi has never been the same since Astrid's passing. He seems to be in a permanent low level depression. He did get to see her after she passed, so we hope he understands why she's gone. I always knew, if she went first, that he'd have a difficult time, as dear Astrid, was the love of his life... I still our sweet Astrid's 'box' and it brings me to tears, so I understand his pain.
However, Cruiser has definitely brought some light into our world. They are always snuggling, so I know that Bodhi enjoys the companionship. I do think Bodhi would be much sadder without the little turd keeping him stimulated all the time. Granted, Cruiser does sometimes seem to drive Bodhi a little bonkers. For instance when Bodhi wants to lay down, and Cruiser is running in circles around him trying to get him to play...LOL   After awhile Bodhi usually caves in and starts playing =)

It really is sweet to see them together all the time though, it puts warm fuzzies in my heart.

We've always had big dogs (50 pounds or larger) so it was quite an adjustment adding a small dog into the mix. Now, a year later, Cruiser has topped out at about 10 pounds or so. He is about 1/10th the size of Bodhi, it is quite impressive to see the two of them play. Bodhi is a gentle giant, and Cruiser sure knows how to rile him up!

The sweet moments like these, make it all worth while. I cannot imagine my world without dogs in it. They bring such a pure love into your life. They do not judge. They simply love. A dog is love. Pure love.

Have you hugged your dogs today?

No comments:

Post a Comment