Saturday

You don't know what you're missing until it's gone - after your Boxer dies

After your Boxer Dog dies, a piece of you goes along too. In the days after, you realize even more how much you miss even the most annoying, crazy things your Boxer would do.

I miss her stealing a single shoe, and stashing it somewhere it the house.

I miss having to run around the for ten minutes, while running late, looking for it.

I miss her little old lady dragon breath, wafting at me while eating my dinner.

I miss her loud and high pitch bark when she felt she was not the center of attention.

I miss getting up off the couch only to find she had stolen the warm spot.

I miss finding her waiting for me at the garage door when I'd come home - with her nub wagging so fiercely that she could not walk in a straight line.

I miss her always, ALWAYS grabbing a toy, shoe, blanket, pillow ANYTHING she could get her teeth on, to present a gift when I walked through the door.

I miss her hogging the bed (Bodhi is starting to settle into her spot now and he too is a magnificent bed hog)

I miss her smacking her little lips before falling asleep.

I  miss her claw footed stretch into my back.

I miss her 'rabbit kick' as she got comfy.

I miss seeing her 'spoon' with hubby under the covers with her head out and a big smile on her face...

While I miss so many things, I also feel blessed that I have the memory of these and many more things that made her so special in our lives.

Alethea Anderson
The Boxer Blogger

Have you hugged your Boxer(s) today?


2 comments:

  1. I read a article under the same some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this..

    Best Dog food for boxers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your projects stand out of the There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!

    Best Dog food for boxers

    ReplyDelete